Today I went to visit my new co-workers. I was nervous on my way up to the office…all the what-if’s were flying through my head. You probably know, if you’ve read my blog more than once, that I am a chronic over-thinker. If I have too much time on my hands that is not put to good use, I can get myself into trouble 🙂
I think I am going to be very happy in my new job. Everyone I met was very nice and told me what a great work environment I’m joining. It’s the first time in a very long time that I have no apprehensions about a new job.
I bought my scrubs today. I wonder if the person who “designed” them had the least flattering apparel for women in mind. Seriously. But, I can’t really complain because I basically get to work in pajamas and sneakers. The amount of money that I will be spending on work clothes has significantly decreased.
In honor of New Years, I’m coming up with some resolutions. They are not in any specific order.
1. Get more healthy. I am going to manage my allergies better this year; I’ve started exercising regularly and eating well. Basically I want my output of energy to be more than my intake of calories
2. Blog about human trafficking at least three times per week on my blog and on Trafficked Hearts
3. Start the book that has been rattling around in my head for all of these years; attempt to get the book that my friend and I have been talking about on paper as well
4. Become more fiscally responsible. I want to save aggresively for my future and I want to give aggressively
5. Find a church in which I can grow roots
6. Travel to a country I’ve not yet visited…my passport needs to be used for more than an I-9 form
7. Work on cultivating deeper relationships
8. Find an accountability partner
9. Run a 5K
10. Meet some of my twitter/facebook friends face to face
11. Read one book per month
12. Become a better friend