Phillies WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES!Β  YOU’VE BROUGHT A SENSE OF PRIDE TO PHILLY!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in random. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Phillies WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!

1. James says:

Hey Deneen,

Loving some of your latest posts. Especially about your prayer for the nation, and your challenge to apathetic Americans. I’ll be posting something shortly.

But I just wanted to make a comment on this story in particular… Have you ever considered the title “World Series” the American sports fraternity throws around so loosely. It’s just so arrogant! πŸ™‚

Now the Springboks… They are TRUE World Champions. (Google them). Or the Azurri. Or Usain Bolt.

But allow me to not be perdantic about silly issues such as titles. πŸ˜‰

Ciao for now!

2. deneenwhite says:

Thanks, James!

I find it problematic that the US finds that itself the center of the universe. I’ll add to your list…why is it that in the Little League World Series, the US has a 50% chance of winning the whole title because it’s always a US team vs another team in the world.

I’ll google the Springboks…can’t wait to read about them!

3. James says:

Haha!

Cool. Look, my latest post is a little anti-american. Forgive me. I am not anti-american. Just anti-consumerism.

Keep going for it! We love your Blog!

James

4. deneenwhite says:

I’m not so isolated as to believe that Americans are the most open-minded people in the world…I wish more of my fellow countrymen would take a trip outside of the US to experience what the rest of the world is like–and I’m not talking about posh resorts πŸ™‚

5. James says:

Ha ha. Of course. Exactly why your blog is so appealing.

By the way, can’t believe I’ve neglected this one today! But enjoy watching the unfolding of one of the most significant presidential races in history. Enjoy.

6. deneenwhite says:

I’m thoroughly enjoying the democratic process. Maybe too much. I cast my vote earlier today. Voting for me is a social event as well as something I love. I’ve voted at the same location for 14 years. The women who work my table have worked that table for hundreds of years πŸ™‚ They know me by name and they’ve watched me grow up.

Funny that we’re discussing the election on a post about the Phillies πŸ™‚

7. Anne says:

You’re sweet, Deneen…me not so much…LOL!!! I’d quote Chase Utley but I doubt your readers would enjoy my sarcasm! πŸ™‚ LOL!

8. deneenwhite says:

I had to defend Chase Utley’s comment last night…it was quite humorous, actually. My friend from GA asked me if he can only say the *f* bomb πŸ™‚

9. Anne says:

I was there with the kids, in Citizens Bank Park…I wasn’t offended, they’ve hear it before I’m certain! It was a great moment, he was speaking from his heart…& those of the formerly frustrated fans!!!