Quick thoughts going through my head today.
- What would the world look like if Christians actually believed the words that they sing during worship?
- Why are we doing this whole Christianity thing?
- What is it that we stand for?
- What does my church stand for?
- What do I stand for?
- What did the million plus soldiers what we are honoring today die for?
I love the days when the questions outnumber the answers. I ask questions to make sure that I know where I am on the map of life.
Yesterday I watched a show on Discovery where this Brit willingly puts himself in harms way to teach people how to get out of perilous situations. He gets his bearings, determines in which directions he will most likely find people. Then he starts to move. Along the way, he finds food, he makes shelter. But he moves.
Christianity is an active belief. Jesus required action from people. He and the disciples didn’t sit around and talk about what should be done. Jesus modeled the behavior, the actions, and the disciples did it. Go and make disciples. Take up your mat and go. What do you want from me? Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Nowhere does Jesus ask someone to consider what He has said. So why do we sit around trying to figure things out. Shouldn’t we get going, asking, seeking?